Thursday, April 14, 2011

Origami Bunny Favor Boxes

The instant I saw these posted at How About Orange, I knew I had to make some. Easter isn't the biggest holiday for me, but I do love me some bunnies and chicks. Combine that with origami and little candy holders, and I'm sold. I had to make two big ones and two little ones, and I'm prepared to make a bunch as candy holders for Easter at my sister's house. You know, if she pulls my arm and demands it. Bunny army, here I come!


Pretty purple poly paper

So pull out your origami paper and follow along (doesn't everyone have packets of origami paper sitting around?). It may look complicated, but it's not hard once you start in on it. I love having it in video form instead of the confusing valley/mountain fold diagram stuff that's sometimes impossible to figure out. It can go fast in some parts, so just pause and rewind as needed. And have fun!


3 comments:

  1. OMG, those are really adorable! And I *do* have origami paper sitting around, though it's the teeny-tiny kind so I don't know about tackling bunnies with it. ;) Nice job on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only one with origami paper on hand!

    I actually did my first bunny with small paper - 3"x3". It was what I came upon first in my collection. While it's do-able, it is easier to learn on a larger piece. My others were 6"x6". But if that's all you've got, it's worth a try - worked for me! Just need a little patience. :)

    ReplyDelete