Thursday, March 29, 2012

How to Easily "Cut" Glass Jars

You find the coolest things on Pinterest. As with much of the crafting and design worlds, I am semi-addicted to Pinterest. I put the "semi" in there because I only go on the site a few times a week. Purposely. Because otherwise I'd spend a huge majority of time I don't have wandering around and pinning everything in sight.

If you haven't checked it out yet, you really should. Technically you need to sign up for an invite, but nowadays they're letting people in pretty quickly. And if you do find yourself hugely impatient to open the wonderland that is Pinterest, leave me a comment with your email address and I'll send you an invite. For those of you already on, you can follow me or feel free to leave a comment with your Pinterest link for us to check out.

The whole reason for that schpiel was this awesome video I found on Pinterest today on how to "cut" (break cleanly) a glass bottle or jar - using regular household items. No joke! String, nail polish remover (acetone), and a sink. And matches. Because yes, you get to play with fire and water. I'm going to have to try this just for that. Add to that the fact that the music on the video is Oingo Boingo, and how could I not share this video?!


Watch. Be amazed. Rock out to one of my favorite all-time bands. Then go try it and tell me how it worked! I'd also love to hear any ideas you have for using those newly-cut bottles!

1 comment:

  1. I joined Pinterest a while back and have just started using it more regularly! Pinned tons of Etsy finds today. ;) That glass video sounds really interesting -- oddly enough I was just thinking today about that very problem, only with plastic as well as glass.

    ReplyDelete